Making money on Facebook is becoming increasingly popular as more users look for ways to monetize their presence on the platform. With over two billion active users, it’s no wonder that people are finding ways to make money from their Facebook pages and profiles. Whether you’re a small business owner, a freelancer, or an individual looking to make some extra cash, there are a variety of ways to make money on Facebook. From advertising, to selling products, to creating content, the possibilities are almost endless. In this guide, we’ll explore some of the different ways to make money on Facebook and show you how you can get started.
Before you start: check your Facebook Monetization Eligibility
There are a handful of ways to make money from your Facebook content, but first you must be eligible to do so. This means your Facebook page and the content you post on it must abide by the platform’s eligibility requirements, which are grouped into categories:
- Create a Facebook page and make sure you have at least 10,000 followers.
- Make sure your page is active, with at least 3 posts per week and that it is regularly updated with relevant content.
- Complete the eligibility questionnaire provided by Facebook.
- Submit an application to become a Facebook Monetization Partner.
- Wait for approval from Facebook.
- Once approved, create content that is eligible for monetization.
- Integrate the Facebook Monetization Partner tools into your page.
- Monitor your page activity and adjust your monetization strategy accordingly.
To check your eligibility, go to the Facebook section of your Creator Studio and click the Monetization tab. Select which pages you want to see your monetization eligibility for—you will also be served other monetization information about the page.
Once you’re eligible to monetize your Facebook content, it’s important to stay eligible if you want to make a consistent income. Regularly review the platform’s Community Standards, keep your domain clean with high-quality content, and ensure you have the rights to post your content. If for some reason your page becomes ineligible, Facebook will inform you via the Monetization tab in your Creator Studio, along with the reason you’re no longer eligible.
6 Ways to make money on Facebook
Advertise and Promote Products
If you’re looking to make money on Facebook, one of the most obvious ways is to advertise and promote products. You can do this by setting up a Facebook page dedicated to selling a product or service or by creating ads that link directly to products.
Advertising and promoting products can be done by;
- Create a Facebook Page: The first step in earning money through Facebook is to create a Facebook Page. It’s free and easy to set up. Choose a name, profile picture, and description that reflect the product you’re promoting.
- Build an Audience: Once your page is set up, start building an audience by promoting your page on other social media channels, such as Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also use paid advertisements or organic methods such as content marketing to increase your page’s reach.
- Promote Products: Once you’ve built an audience, start promoting products or services on your page. Create posts that link to product landing pages or affiliate offers. You can also use Facebook’s sponsored posts feature to target a specific audience or showcase a product or service.
- Track Your Results: Use Facebook’s analytics tools to track the performance of your posts and campaigns. This will help you optimize your efforts to maximize your earnings.
- Leverage Influencers: Consider working with influencers who have a large following on Facebook to promote your product or service. You can pay influencers to create content that promotes your product or offer them
Sell Your Own Products and Services
You can also make money on Facebook by selling your own products and services. Whether you’re selling homemade jewelry, a digital product, or a service, you can create a page or group to promote your products and services.
Steps in selling your own products on Facebook
- Create a Facebook page for your business. Use the page to share information about your products and services, as well as post updates, photos and videos.
- Use Facebook Ads to promote your products and services. You can use targeted ads to reach potential customers who may be interested in what you offer.
- Create an online store on your Facebook page. Use a platform like Shopify or WooCommerce to set up an eCommerce store on your page and start selling your products.
- Reach out to influencers to promote your products. You can use influencers to help spread the word about your business and reach more potential customers.
- Offer discounts and promotions to encourage customers to purchase your products.
- Keep track of your sales and customer feedback. Use this data to improve your products and services, as well as to create more effective advertising and promotional campaigns
Become an Affiliate Marketer
If you don’t have your own products to sell, you can still make money on Facebook by becoming an affiliate marketer. As an affiliate marketer, you’ll promote other people’s products and services and receive a commission for each sale you generate.
Offer Consultation Services
If you’re an expert in a certain field, you can offer consultation services and make money on Facebook. You can create a page or group to promote your services and connect with potential clients.
Service consultation can be done by;
Create a Facebook page or group to advertise your services. Make sure to include a description of what you offer and the fees you charge, as well as any other relevant information.
- Promote your page or group on other social media platforms, as well as through email campaigns, blog posts, and other digital marketing strategies.
- Use Facebook Ads to target potential clients who may be interested in your services.
- Create a website or landing page to direct potential clients to where they can learn more about your services and book an appointment.
- Develop relationships with your clients by providing valuable advice and support.
- Network with other professionals in your field and collaborate on projects.
- Offer discounts for new clients and loyalty programs for existing ones.
- Create content that is relevant to your niche and share it on Facebook and other social media outlets.
Create and Sell Digital Courses
- Create a course outline: Start by creating an outline of your online course. Make sure that it covers all the topics you want to cover and that it is organized in an easy-to-follow format.
- Promote your course: Use Facebook Ads and Groups to promote your course and reach potential students. Make sure to include a link to your course page in the ad and group posts.
- Engage with your audience: Engage with your audience by answering questions and responding to comments on your Facebook posts. This will help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
- Offer discounts and incentives: Offer discounts or incentives to encourage customers to buy your online course. You can also run contests or giveaways on your Facebook page to generate interest.
- Utilize social proof: Leverage social proof by sharing customer reviews and testimonials on your Facebook page and in your ad campaigns. This will help build trust and credibility and will encourage more people to buy your course.
- Optimize your landing page: Make sure that your landing page is optimized for conversions. This means that it should be easy to use and simple to understand. Include an opt-in form, a call-to-
Conclusion: Diversify your earnings
Starting an ecommerce business, selling services, and creating digital products or merch all benefit from using Facebook’s massive audience as a sales tool. With the platform’s new suite of features made especially for entrepreneurs and brands, it’s easier than ever to engage new and existing audiences.
But don’t get tied to just one feature or just one platform. Diversify your offering so that if one platform dries up you have other streams of traffic and revenue. This is especially important today, when the organic reach of mammoth social media sites like Facebook are dropping by the day and consumers are becoming increasingly skeptical of paid advertising campaigns.
Can you make money on Facebook?
Yes, you can make money on Facebook. The platform has released a number of new features that allow creators, influencers, and brands with Facebook pages to monetize their accounts and content. This includes running in-stream ads during videos, collaborating with other companies and influencers, creating a subscription service, running paid online events, and using the social commerce features to drive visitors directly to your ecommerce store.
How much does Facebook pay for views?
Facebook’s new challenges feature enables content creators and influencers to get paid for the number of views they get on chosen organic Reels. This is to push back against Facebook users simply uploading content recycled from other platforms like TikTok and Instagram. The scheme offers creators the chance to participate in a series of sequential challenges and get rewarded for them. For example, you might earn $20 when five Reels reach 100 plays and, when that’s achieved, you can move on to earn $100 when 20 Reels reach 500 plays each.
How many followers do you need on Facebook to make money?
The more followers you have, the easier it is to make money. Most of Facebook’s new monetization features (including in-stream Facebook ads and fan subscription services) are only available to Facebook pages with more than 10,000 followers. This doesn’t mean it’s impossible to earn money on Facebook if you have less followers than that, though. Other options like social commerce features, driving traffic to your store, and partnering with other brands and influencers don’t have a lower limit on the number of followers needed.